· Site Help
· Web Links
· Your Account

Login
Nickname

Password

Security Code: Security Code
Type Security Code

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Deep Space NYC: Message Board

Deep Space NYC :: View topic - Here's something I just posted over on DHP -long post-
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Here's something I just posted over on DHP -long post-
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Deep Space NYC Forum Index -> General Music Topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FK
Master Of The Universe

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:43 am    Post subject: Here's something I just posted over on DHP -long post- Reply with quote

Interesting, there was this other thread over on DHP about last Wednesday's Deep Space gig in Washington DC, which I think may have taken some people a (big) bit aback.

So I decided to respond. It turned into this essay... read on.
No worries. I feel much better now.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Quote:
Originally posted by eleeut:
[qb] Five Wednesdays is, as I believe, billed as "house" night, and lo and behold, that's what people will expect to be played if they show up. [/qb]

I am much obliged to you for putting it so clearly. Here's what came to mind:

=========The Neo-Conservatives Of House Music (part 2)=============

'House'. (whatever that may be to each of us, if you remember the 'Beat The Damn Box' thread, I am not too good with definitions!) Anyway, I am trying to remember the last time I played in that way on my own. Was it at the Shelter's 12th Anniversary party, when I started with my dub of Three Generations Walking, went into "Boneman Connection" and then Lauren Hill's "Everything Is Everything" after all the other DJ's had been killing it for 12 hours straight, total mayhem, (figured that I'd let people catch a little breath before the next peak) and I got all these funny stares and cleared half the floor? Nope, I don't think so. Actually, I am not sure I do remember when that last time was, and although I am confident that I can pull a very respectable MAW/Blaze/GU/Joey Negro/Osunlade/Kenny Bobien/Kerri C. peaktime continuous House set (complete with obscure classic re-edits and exclusive unreleased mixes) for however many hours if I was really forced to, it does not appear in the cards for me to do so anymore when playing solo.

Let's face it. At 51, I am (at best) supposed to be an irrelevant dinosaur who gets polite applause playing yesteryear's Golden Hits™ I was known for, an anachronism in a business where the average DJ's lifespan is 5 years, and I am being indulgent in saying 5 years. Most of my contemporaries have either gotten a real job, retired, died or plain dropped out of sight. You never can hide from yourself for too long, and although [late] it took a half a century,[/late] (like it or not) what you saw the other day in DC is the person I just realized I was all along, for better or for worse.

So I figure that the best shot I have is at being sincere, and playing the joints that I think are really, really dope at least part of the time I get asked to DJ, but certainly always when I am doing 'Deep Space' Dub events as I was the other day. They include those diverse styles you've mentioned in your post, and also screwing and messing with the sound in whatever way I feel, rather than respectfully letting the record play as it might have meant to be years ago for an audience that -for the most part- doesn't exist anymore; in a sense, merging the recordings, the mixing at the console and traditional DJ'ing. Oh, how times have changed (for some of us)!

I prefer to think that there are some people out there who would rather hear a great cross-section of what they trust me to select for them as memorable music, instead of an endless exercise in aerobic sameness and a fairly predictable flow, which I can guarantee to you machines and software will be doing in less than 10 years. (Prototypes already exist, this is another thread) Granted, and as I am reminded time and time again, it doesn't always make certain hard-core dancers happy, but I also think that it is important to inspire people in doing things against their little comfort zone, to challenge them to creatively think for themselves in all kinds of manners, 'outside the box', not the least being conscious of the quasi-tribal socio-economico-ethno-identification they make with a certain type of dance music, which defines who they hang out with, what they are perceived to be socially, etc.... ("Break Down The Walls")

While it is not part of this conversation, I also get hired almost every weekend to play completely different styles (mostly overseas) of pumping, tough House bordering on Progressive and Tribal for parties that can be as large as 5,000 people or more. I also play full-on Electronic and Techno sets, both DJ'ing and live on stage, for example being booked with Derrick May, Ben Sims, Jeff Mills, Laurent Garnier, at places like Berlin's Tresor Club, Lost in the UK, or in front of a sea of people at Sonar in South America. When some of those who saw me there come to NYC and visit Deep Space, they are obviously in for a little bit of a shock, as this world today is very much one where we are all encouraged to be one-trick ponies that can neatly be summarized in 15-seconds soundbytes, and the confusion does sometimes show on their face...In the same fashion, maybe a lot of you equated what I do with a certain sound associated with Body&SOUL, which is only logical as I have had the honor and privilege of being part of this very special event for over 8 years.

What can I say? I love it all. I absolutely crave for the deep, lyrical soulfulness of Stevie Wonder and Earth, Wind & Fire's influences into what Blaze does today, as much as I deliriously enjoy the metallic relentless pounding that Surgeon is famous for, the explicit sexual groove oozing from a Beenie Man record as well as the utter abstract spaciness of Matthew Jonson and Jeff Mills, the orgy of rhythms and melodic incantations that go to my head on some of Joaquin's records, equally at home with Dr Dre's nasty minimal beats and production or Hendrix's intergalactic guitar solos and cosmic poetry, yet finding nothing wrong with Chus&Ceballos' latest Tribal track, or a beautiful LTJ Bukem workout, could not bear to live without the constant reminder that Dub is one of the purest forms of aural satisfaction as invented by natural mystic geniuses like King Tubby and Lee Perry, yet cannot hold back the tears when Jocelyn Brown's shamanic voice takes me to a more spiritual plane. Finding my strenght in the sound from UR's prophetic electronic mutated disco strings, and just as well bathing in the luxuriant happiness of Louie Vega's Afro-Cuban masterpieces (Quimbobo, etc..). Note to Fela and Rhythm & Sound: I did NOT forget you either, always in my heart of hearts!

Hopefully, and I do my best to keep in mind the tenets and expectations from the very audience that DJ's are supposed to serve, (being nothing more than an instrument to that audience's desires) yet I find time and time again that the envelope is not usually pushed for very long by those who stay in that comfort zone. I think that for many of us, there are certainly very specific constraints we have to respect if we want to keep getting gigs, and certainly there is another part to what I do which is quite respectful of that. (see above)

But when it comes down to it, I really think that there are many, many outrageously talented DJ's and producers out there that could play rings and weave magic around some old hack like myself when it comes to setting the dance floor on fire with the type of strict Soulful House or Deep House set or Classics as I hear it played these days. Please allow me to call it conservative. It hurts, but I would think that the very least we could do is acknowledge that the newer generation perceives it as their dad's music, with all the baggage it implies. And for one reason or another, call it my private demon if you may, I come from a time where we did not have such a strict conservative interpretation of dance music, and given the choice, would probably rather want to become a plumber or any other respectable trade than keep doing something that is (whether any of us like it or not) becoming less and less creative in the greater picture of human culture and endeavors.

Just as Benny Goodman, Duke Ellington, Count Basie and all of the other towering geniuses of Big Band had to bow out when Chuck Berry and The Beatles swept the world by storm, it is time to either evolve and adapt as Miles Davis did, or slowly sink into middle age jealousy, and then old age bitterness. I thoroughly enjoy playing for a crowd of thousands of screaming, enthusiastic 22 year-olds out of their heads on whatever, testosterone as well as other things, as much as playing more sophisticated and deeper sounds for a smaller-sized mature, knowledgeable and appreciative audience.

Obviously, most of us here are very sincere and passionate about Dance Music, and I respect all of the different ways we express those vital emotions, from the way Tenyu wants to live in a world of sweet analog sounds and tube amplifiers from the mid-1970's, to many who see the Garage or Music Box as something that was an ideal moment in time, never to be equaled by anything newer, or even people like Donger who got banned challenging what he perceived as archaic and bigoted views, or Shalewa who seems to long for a more communal celebratory time sharing the dance floor in raptured bliss without having to look over her shoulder, not to mention the gentle and visionary insights that David M. so generously still shares with us. (Where would we truly, truly be without you and all of your inspiration and dedication to sound?..) We might not agree with them, but all are passionate and full of appreciation for what they see as Dance Music.

Yet, it is within each and everyone of us to find these new exciting VITAL developments in what the next generation will find for themselves as life-changing dance music. Far from saying that I have recently accomplished anything of that stature, I am however conscious that I cannot remain idle in such a personal quest for NEW MUSICAL VISTAS until my bones stop moving and my hearing fails me. But I would hope that when this does inevitably happen, some people will remember what I was rooting for, which is to find within ourselves the strength to evolve, and learn to appreciate what newer generations can create, inevitably better than what we did, (but also distancing themselves from from what their elders did in order to ascertain their own identity), as well as maintaining a vital link to a living celebration of some of our past musical masters and influences.

I constantly remember that for all those who idolize Larry Levan as the ultimate DJ that ever was, and who to this day keep playing a 'Frozen In Time' glory days rehash of classic mid-80's Ten City, Frankie Knuckles, Liz Torres, Inner Life, Grace Jones, Chaka Khan and company; he was at the time of his untimely death in 1992 quite obsessed with Hip-Hop and R&B, (Arrested Development, De La Soul, Shabba Ranks, Kris Kross,etc..) and if he were to be alive today, much more likely to be working with Outkast and Destiny's Child than trying to keep clinging to an increasingly fossilized musical vocabulary that had its day almost a generation ago. I imagine that there will always be a market for it, just as the Chi-Lites and the Trammps can keep getting corporate gigs today, it pays the bills just fine.

But at some point in what you do, there has to be a defining moment, where you put your cards on the table and stand for what you believe in.

So rather than keep delving on all of this, I would like to conclude in saying that (in my own eyes) luckily, this defining moment arrived personally when I started 'Deep Space' about two years ago, and although I am sure that my attempts are never going to be all that incredible when measured to what some of the New Jacks are going to bring us, or never to equal what some of the Grand Maestros of House™ are doing right now, at least I am certain that they are a sincere expression of my love for all Dance Music, past, present and future.

I am convinced that however imperfectly I try to articulate these germs of ideas, and stumble along the way, or mess up mixes, or don't quite get that perfect record flow going, I however will still be trying, aiming, reaching, struggling for what my heart and my soul is telling me is a unified, integrated, compelling vision of music bringing all of us together regarding of where we came from, yearning for these sublime moments of greatness we can share together when those seemingly disparate elements collide, those that bring goose bumps to more than just your body, as I felt it might have happened when playing at Yellow last year, and went into a 10-minute long haunting classical Stravinsky piece at the peak of the night, and switched (yet again) into Derrick May's mesmerizing intro to his timeless "Strings Of Life", I think we all lost it for good at that moment, it was just so very grand, majestic, yet another affirmation that in the end we all share the same sounds and energy, and which would certainly not have been possible if I didn't try to think a bit 'outside the box' instead of just beating it. Sometimes, I do feel we need to create much contrast and dramatic moments between things in order to properly feel the depth of field they bring us to, and again, recent happenings in 'House' have really kind of felt like they were going the other way for me, all smooth and uniform, 'landscaped' for lack of a better word, maybe 'utilitarian'...? Even if only in a small part I succeeded in making this germ of an idea grow into other young minds, that the future of music belongs to ALL OF US, rather than mirroring yet another segregated mental ghetto, (us -vs- them) then it will be more than enough satisfaction and contentment.

Hope I didn't bore you too much, apologies for those who didn't quite get what they expected out of this DC gig, but all the same thank you for helping me articulate in a public forum what I have been feeling for a very long time, and that in the same fashion, I at least provoked you to think and reconsider the established order of things in favor of the new, the unpredictable, the foreign and not-quite-cozy that yet will one day become part of your own life without you even noticing it.

If it helped enrich it, even because you hated it, then that was still a significant step in defining who you are and what you stand for.

Peace and Music, always.

FK Very Happy
Astronaut
Star Pilot

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I would have written it myself ...

That's why we all love Deep Space hail
JE
Marius
Master Of The Universe

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess those of us having been on this board for a while know your views on this pretty good, but this was a nice elaboration. Thanks for sharing Francois! An inpirational read!

Peace
Marius
Espen
Star Pilot

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can`t argue with that! Fun and interesting reading, Francois.

Espen Very Happy
sansan
Master Of The Universe

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW!
totally agree with you ,FK. That's why keep on going to deep space Wink
to feed our soul with music and harass you with track IDs at the end of the night Laughing

enjoy your week everyone

HAppy Valentine's Day (whatever this means, you know, buying flowers and taking your girlfriend or wife out to dinner) I told JEf not to buy me anything nor should he take me out to dinner. Just take me @$$ to Deep Space and i'llbe very happy 1luvu
Bande-A-Part_NYC
Star Pilot

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"oh shit, it's the 2005 version of the jack speech!"

nicely said fk
Drrtynewyork
Star Pilot

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

werd , nice Cool
azzerellis
Star Pilot

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having an open mind is priceless. I have never made it over to Deep Space but I think it is where my head wants to be at, at the moment. The club and the message board here gives off a good vibe. Very open minded. Keep it up its the only way to be.

Label:
http://www.myspace.com/modernworldrecordsuk

Tracks, mixes and edits:
http://www.soundcloud.com/azzerellis
candelah
Galactic Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Francois,

Typically eloquent, on-point, and inspiring.

At the same time, I think I can safely say that for many of us it goes without saying, and ever understood.

Thank you!
rougeau

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here's the thing francois. as far as I can see, and as much as I know prevailing attitudes down here, in babylon DC, race is going to rear it's ugly head, and become an issue. You have thrived in what is mostly, or originally an african-american artform. now, what you may think of as evolving, they may think of as selling out. Sure, classical music may be beautiful, but it has no business being in a DJ set, the (conscious or subconscious) thinking may go. Why? B/c it's a white art-form. It's just a dead european white man composer. This will be the attitude. My wife, who is not a decendant of slaves, but who is african, even expresses these views sometimes, and as someone in the minority group, who can blame her? From what I can see, the only way there can be legitimacy in the minds of the neo-cons (as FK puts it), in what FK is trying to do artistically, is if a black DJ does it as well. This tribe called the underground is built on the identity of us vs. them. And now, I can see the "us" crowd thinking that FK is going back to being one of "them". (And of course, that is his option. that is his luxury, b/c he is , after all, in the end, white.)

That's how race gets played out down here, and it's a huge hurdle to get over. I know you aren't seeking to win acceptance by all your former fans. I'm just wondering how you would respond to such a view. B/c sooner or later, whether you know it or not, you are going to bump up against that view (maybe now?), if you haven't already.
DJGordy
Galactic Commander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rougeau wrote:
race is going to rear it's ugly head, and become an issue.

Why? What exactly has race got to do with what FK wrote?

Last edited by DJGordy on Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Astronaut
Star Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rougeau wrote:

That's how race gets played out down here, and it's a huge hurdle to get over.

If you make this a racial discussion you're missing the point, which is the music... music765

Peace & love 1luvu
JE
FK
Master Of The Universe

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rougeau wrote:
I'm just wondering how you would respond to such a view. B/c sooner or later, whether you know it or not, you are going to bump up against that view (maybe now?), if you haven't already.

Interesting that you'd post this here....

Do you mind me asking you if you'd feel weird asking the same question on DHP?

Anyway, the answer is that I am interested in associating with people who are open to the idea that (whether we like it or not) all of our children will be some form of mixture, which will slowly erase something as archaic as 'ethnic identity'. I have never had much problems with anyone here where I live, and found that most everyone was welcoming, culturally and otherwise. There are bigots of every race, luckily it always seems to be a very small percentage who harbor deep prejudice against others for ethnic reasons, this may be different outside of NYC, which may be a bit of a special case.

When it comes to classical music, or Gamelan music, whatever else, all the great ones respected it, Ellington, Hendrix, etc....It's plain and obvious that talent and genius is everywhere in the world, not limited to one particular ethnic group, and that at this time all of these cultures are slowly merging and influencing each other. Like Derrick May's famous "Kraftwerk and George Clinton stuck in an elevator" quote. Which is where I am coming from, and also why I am doing this.

"Why Can't We Live Together" Timmy Thomas

FK
DJGordy
Galactic Commander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Astronaut wrote:
If you make this a racial discussion you're missing the point, which is the music... music765

Absoloutely! I couldn't agree more... music765
Peace, love and happiness for all! bighug
FK
Master Of The Universe

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJGordy wrote:
Why? What exactly has race got to do with what FK wrote?

Living in DC, he may be faced with a situation and things that you and I do not know much anything about.... It's a very complex and sensitive issue, and it would be hypocritical to say that it's so clear cut and simple.

"This World Is Made For All Men" (Stevie Wonder)

FK
DJGordy
Galactic Commander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FK wrote:
It's a very complex and sensitive issue, and it would be hypocritical to say that it's so clear cut and simple.

Fair point, and you're right. I shouldn't have been quite so direct. Sorry.
Astronaut
Star Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FK wrote:

Living in DC, he may be faced with a situation and things that you and I do not know much anything about.... It's a very complex and sensitive issue, and it would be hypocritical to say that it's so clear cut and simple.

FK

I don't agree that its hypocritical to separate these to issues, meaning music & politics/race issues.
If you talking about musical history the two issues are bound to be connected, but if you going out to have a good time, dance and listening to a DJ, one should see beyond these issues and solely enjoy the music.
I realize that some places are dealing with huge interracial problems all the time, but sometimes you got to let the go! No Disrespect to anyone!!
Even though the music being played can be very political in any sense, the dancefloor isn't the arena to bring up debate...

...but then again this forum is!!

Again peace & love 1luvu
JE
FK
Master Of The Universe

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Astronaut wrote:
but if you going out to have a good time, dance and listening to a DJ, one should see beyond these issues and solely enjoy the music.

Great theory! Practically, perhaps it is possible where you are... but without any malice, I would instead suggest that you see beyond the music and understand the issues that made it so in the first place. (here, where BTW a fair amount of this music was created)

We do not live in an abstract vacuum, (although the Internet is somewhat close to that for now, LOL!).

FK
Astronaut
Star Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FK wrote:
perhaps it is possible where you are... but without any malice, I would instead suggest that you see beyond the music and understand the issues that made it so in the first place

I see beyond the music and the issues that it deals with at home listening, but in a club the main focus is the music and the vibe...

but I still enjoy hearing Gil-Scott Heron - The revolution will not be televised
or for that matter Roland Clark - Resist on the dance floor

BTW we should start a tread conserning music that deals with political issues....there's much to choose from!!

I try again
Peace & Love
1luvu JE
JackVegas
Master Of The Universe

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very well put, all of it, FK.

As for the race issue, I'm not getting into it. These things amount to nothing where I live, don't know about the situation in DC, and as far as I'm concerned music is for everyone regardless of whatever.

"Dance and Free Your Mind"
(Sins of Satan, Buddah 12" 1976)
kelvin
Mission Specialist

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being from England, there seems to be a distinct difference in peoples perception of what is considered apropriate to play in a club, and what constitutes a varied or across the board club night/DJ set.

I can only comment from what I've seen of American DJ's over here, as I've not been to the states in about 4 years, but in general most of the American DJ's I see playing over here seem to play a pretty narrow range of music, and I'm assuming that largely reflecs what the people who go to clubs over there want to hear.

The driving force in the music scene over here for the last few years has been the so called 'Eclectic Scene', with most DJ's I come in to contact with playing a variety of music over the course of a night.

I've gotta say now that I've got an incredibly short attention span, and I get bored hearing a DJ play one style or tempo of music for more than about 20 minutes. For me it's the the changes in tempo, and suprises in a DJ's set that really get me as a dancer. I very rarely hear an American DJ who plays anything that massively supprises me, most seaming to generally stick to 90% house, then a few disco classics.

I went to see FK play the last time he was over at Plastic People in London. I don't know how representative of what is usually played at Deep Space, but in comparrison to what is usually played at Balance (the Saturdays at Plastic People), it was probably the least diverse music I've ever heard there. This isn't inteneded as a criticism of FK, as I'm aware that he has a huge amount of integrity to what he does, and he was still willing to take a few risks. My arguament is that a lot of American DJ's don't seem to apreciate the range of music that crowds in the UK are capably of dealing with.

Ade, who runs and plays at Plastic People every Saturday is in my opinion a text book example of an eclectic DJ. His policy there is 'Theo Parrish followed by King Tubby, followd by Madlib, followed by Basic Channel, followed by Kamal Abdul Alim followed by Recloose etc'
You very rarely hear 2 records of a similar tempo, style or era. there's NO mixing (60 radio boadcast decks with no pitch control kind of prohibit it) but everythings incredibly well programmed and there's always a flow to his sets. Although he's definately one of a kind, it's a good demonstation that you can be truly diverse without either having to play a house set that occasionally breaks off into other styles of music (1 hour of house followed by a bob marley record, followed by an hour of house followed by a disco track etc), and prehaps more importantly across the board sets don't have to be based around classics - the only plastic people classics I can think of are Harry Whittiker 'Black Renaissance' and Dimenzio 'Bamba', hardly classics in the conventional sense of the word.

Althought there aren't many DJ's as militant as this in their approach, there's a number of British DJ's such as Domu, Dego, Mr Scruff, Harvey, Bill Brewster etc, who consistantly manage to supprise and entertain me. The only American DJ's I've seen who've come close to this are people such as Kenny Dixon and Recloose.

I'd love to be proved wrong and be told that there's loads of American DJ's who play like this on a regular basis, and I'm sure a lot of it is just my taste, and the way I listen to music, but hey, that's what makes music as interesting as it is, everyone listens to it in a different way.

Anyway, rant over, peace... Kelvin
Bande-A-Part_NYC
Star Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kelvin wrote:

I'd love to be proved wrong and be told that there's loads of American DJ's who play like this on a regular basis...

There are a lot! I think it started with Afrika Bambatta in the 70s. That guy will play ANYTHING that is funky. A lot of the great NYC hip-hop Djs play hip-hop, reggae, r&b, classic pop records like Wham or whatever, funk, soul & disco classics with those old b-boy standards that may include rock tunes and afro funk thrown in. Amazing Djs like Q-Tip, Grandmaster Flash, Red Alert, Bobbito, Spinna etc... mix it up. I've heard Q-Tip play the newest hip-hop and an hour later he is playin classic Philly records.

As far as Djs that are more in the "dance" segment/market I know of several besides FK who have been dj'ing like this for quite a long time, unfortunately they're just not the famous DJ stars. Djs like Ron Herrera, Brennan Green (getting there), Doug Gomez and Me! At Loose Joints we all played a serious variety of music including rock, dub, disco, hip-hop, reggae, house, electro or whatever else we felt like. RIP our little party Sad
Drrtynewyork
Star Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rip Loose joints Crying or Very sad

Drrtynewyork
Star Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yo fk, you dont need to apologize to anyone on that board Evil or Very Mad
BALEARIKsoul
Galactic Commander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this a sign of timely changes?

Is it the end of the superclub?

Will MTV ever play decent dance selections?

When will we refer to dance music as dance music and stop the categories?

It reminds me of the period just before Acid House in the UK - we simply took it underground. Punk did it before that and I feel we are approaching a very exciting and creative period... We just need to shake the Music Mafia that are sitting pretty on their earnings.

I find being AR15firing by house music in house clubs extremely tiresome... Even though I still buy it, love it and support it - the atmosphere ain't right.

Time for a change...

Peace Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Deep Space NYC Forum Index -> General Music Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: